The Klaxon ES-P is a robust, sophisticated and rapidly deployable early warning system that offers a viable, portable option for many wide-area signalling applications. It is a portable version of Klaxon’s existing wide area systems for ‘COMAH, Evacuation and Lockdown’ situations.
While fixed sirens will always be required, it is often necessary to have a back-up in case a fixed unit is damaged or faulty. The ES-P is ideal for this purpose and meets the demands from industry for an early warning system that can be easily and quickly moved from location to location.
As standard it is designed to be powered from the 12v power socket of a vehicle, while its rubber-coated magnetic feet allow it to be placed virtually anywhere, including on a vehicle roof. These features make it ideally suited for emergency and civil defence operations, quarrying and open cast mining, petrochemical facilities, event evacuation, railway maintenance and many other agile, mass notification applications.
The control case is also available as a ‘portable control room’ for the ES-X and ES-S models. In this case, instead of the 12v vehicle power socket, a 230v AC connection and backup battery is provided. The connection utilises UHF/VHF radio communications between the case and the site sirens.
Key features of the ES-P include:
- Audibility of 98dB(A) at 30 metres
- Live PA via handheld microphone
- 12v fused vehicle power supply plug
- Silent test facility
- Adjustable tones and operation via programming port
- Self-healing short circuit on output amplifier
- Quick-lok speaker cable between control case and horn for quick and tidy setup
- Siren activity and fault report log stored in NVM
- Integrated CMC 4 with mag-key lock for authorised operation
- Case rated to IP67 when closed
- Operating temperature range of -20 to +60 ˚C
For installations requiring versatile, reliable and secure portable wide area signalling, Klaxon’s ES-P is the ideal solution. For more information go to the product page >